Project Description and Value Proposition
- The Standardized Precision Ag Data Exchange (SPADE) Project involves the trading/sharing of agricultural data between farmers and the companies with the goal of promoting efficient operations. This data sharing requires the use of a common language among companies and equipment manufacturers.
- The SPADE Project Team intends to adopt existing standards and if a gap exists, develop standards for the automatic exchange of ag-related data between customers, businesses, and other stakeholders. These standards will promote a seamless, scalable and sustainable producer operation by lowering the barrier for adoption of precision ag products. Agriculture companies will benefit by removing interoperability issues, thereby lowering development costs.
- Use case definitions for major production practices including but not limited to seeding, tillage, spraying, fertilizing, harvesting
- Implementation guidelines for data exchange message use cases and including the required components
- Documentation of the API’s required to share reference data (primarily product identifiers but also base data like soils, production practices, etc.), from the manufacturer database (product owner) and the systems using the data
- Demonstration of the data exchange messaging and reference data from distributed databases
- Recommendation(s) to the AGIIS Directory Oversight Committee for utilization of the AGIIS directory and the management of standardized API’s
- Recommendation(s) for development and implementation of the reference data sharing model API and clearinghouse concept
For More Information
Contact Jim Wilson at Jim.Wilson@AgGateway.org or 816-516-8847.